Challenge rules

what is the task
when and what conditions are anounced
what skills does this challenge develop
what the field looks like
what challenge elements are used
what may and may not be done during the challenge
how are teams ranked in final ranking

According to this document, the direct qualification is held from 15 april to 13 may. When can I view task for direfct qualification?

Цитата
Михаил Лямаев написал:
According to this document , the direct qualification is held from 15 april to 13 may. When can I view task for direfct qualification?
The qualification task and application form is already available on the challenge page.

Is QR-code allowed in direct qualification task?

Цитата
Mikhail Lyamaev wrote:
Is a QR code code allowed in direct qualification task?
If you mean "direct qualification task" by the onsite qualifying rounds in the qualification stage of the competition, So, yes the QR codes will be provided only during the rounds in the qualification stage.
This is according to the game rules ( rules ), 3.Games Alternatives and according to the General Rules (rules) Competition'r Rules 1.1.1, there will be a qualification stage which will include number of rounds and a final stage that will include number of rounds.

Код
Is QR-code allowed in direct qualification task?

I mean task from this doc.
Изменено: Михаил Лямаев - 27.04.2019 11:05:45

Цитата
Mikhail Lyamaev wrote:
Code Is QR-code allowed in direct qualification task?

I mean task from this doc.
Yes, it can be considered as a Qualification round. So, QR-code is allowed in this case as long as it is generated from the randomization website not a fixed and known QR-code. Also, in this case you should include the photo of the generated QR-code from the randomization website in the screenshot of the randomization result in the report.

Hello.
I found a new bug in the field generator (https://wro2018-arc-randomizer.herokuapp.com/). According to the rules (6 page) QR-code contains upper-left and lower-right points of the boxes.
But on the first page (first photo) second box ((T, M, R, O)) have upper-right and lower-left points. And in the on the second page (first photo) third box ((J, R, H, T)) have upper-right and lower-left points.
In PDF file third box ((T,N,R,P)) have the same problem.

Hello,
it seems that there is a problem indeed, we will check it again and try to fix it as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your contribution and sharing this with us.

I have a some questions.
On this page written that you can use any kit to assemble the robot, but in General Rules says: "The Robot can be built using the allowed kits (Tetrix or/and Matrix) in any quantity". Where is the truth? Similar question about the size of the robot.
Can there be a graduate student in a team? He is 25 years old.

Цитата
Сергей Мишин написал:
I have some questions.

On this page written in General Rules says: "Tetrix or / and Matrix in any quantity". Where is the truth? Similar questions about the size of the robot.

Can there be a graduate student in a team? He is 25 years old.

For the first question, the truth is in the General rules, the content that written on the website is not updated and there is "The text on this page is indicative. In case of contradictions, it is necessary to follow the relevant documents." which is written on the beginning of the page but I will send a request to fix this on the website. But again the correct rules is in the documents.

For the second question, please refer to this. This is the regulations about the age for each category and you will find the corresponding data for ARC there. So, according to it, he/she should match with the limits of the age and the corresponding years of birth. Also, it is stated above the ages' table " High School or Undergraduate students 17 - 25 years old in the year of competition."

Цитата
Михаил Лямаев написал:
Hello.
I found a new bug in the field generator ( https://wro2018-arc-randomizer.herokuapp.com/) . According to the rules (6 page) QR-code contains upper-left and lower-right points of the boxes.
But on the first page (first photo) second box ((T, M, R, O)) have upper-right and lower-left points. And in the on the second page (first photo) third box ((J, R, H, T)) have upper-right and lower-left points.
In PDF file third box ((T,N,R,P)) have the same problem.
I would like to notify that we have solved this issue already and the newest version of the rules is already on the official site of WRO. We finished the changes in the rules in the same day of this post, but we waited for reviewing and approving for it.

Hello
How will the winner be selected in the category?
Could you describe the procedure of competition: on the first day we have rounds only by qualification rules, only by finals rules or both finals and qualificstoin rules? Same question about second day.
Are there any requirements for the minimum number of points?
How much teams participate in the second day: all or just best ones from the first day?Can we take the robot between day one and day two?

Цитата
Сергей Мустафин написал:
Hello
How will the winner be selected in the category?
Could you describe the procedure of competition: on the first day we have rounds only by qualification rules, only by finals rules or both finals and qualificstoin rules? Same question about second day.
Are there any requirements for the minimum number of points?
How much teams participate in the second day: all or just best ones fr om the first day?Can we take the robot between day one and day two?
Hello,
This document has all the answers for your questions and more.
-The winner is selected using the criteria that is written in the document which is based on the ranking of the team in qualification and final rounds which are based on the runtime and the points of each round for the team. (Check Competition's Rules-> 2. Determination of the final ranking of teams in the competition in the document)

-The first day "Friday" (: Teams arrivals, opening ceremony, registration, training and other organizational things.
*Second day "Saturday": Qualification stage wh ere all teams participate in it.
*Third day "Sunday": Final stage which some certain quota of the teams will participate according to their rankings and of course the final ceremony. The quota will be announced after full registration and arrivals of teams here in Innopolis during the meeting with coaches.
The scheme of the flow of the stages, rounds, maintenance and quarantine time is in Competition's Rules ->1. Conducting the competition ->1.1. The structure of the competition in the document.
I think the full and detailed schedule for the whole event with the exact time for every thing will be available soon on the website or it has already published.

In the qualification stage (Saturday), the rounds will be only according qualification rules(if you mean about QR-codes, they will be provided). In the final stage (Sunday), the rounds will be only according final rules(if you mean about QR-codes, they will not be provided).

-No, but high you get points, higher your ranking is. Try to get points as much as you can.

- The quota will be announced after full registration and arrivals of teams here in Innopolis during the meeting with coaches.
This year we have decided to give the robots between the two days to the teams in order to optimize and develop more in the robot.

I hope to see you all soon, Good luck!

If you have more questions, I will be happy to answer them here.

I would like to point out the dedication and highly professional approach of Hany Hamed from Advanced Robotics Challenge.

It's especially noticeable, that he has experience as a participant and is really interested in having a fair, engaing competition. We really appreciate the effort he put into providing the teams with extra training time, while sacrificing his own private time. Another sign of his compassion is that, after not being allowed to have more training time for the evening after the first day of competition, he managed to persuade his superiors into letting the teams take robots home for more preparation time. He went extra mile in order to ensure that every team had best possible chances to show everything they're capable of achieving.

Outside of the abovementioned, Hany was a great emotional support, brightening everyone's day through the failed attempts and overall stressful environment. My team have one of the egyptian coins he gave to the participants and they cherish this memory.

I want to express my immense gratitude for having the luck of having him as our judge. Hany made everyone look forward to any upcoming events and gave people faith in their ability to compete. Thank you so much, Hany!

Цитата
Анна Огарко написал:
I would like to point out the dedication and highly professional approach of Hany Hamed from Advanced Robotics Challenge.

It's especially noticeable, that he has experience as a participant and is really interested in having a fair, engaing competition. We really appreciate the effort he put into providing the teams with extra training time, while sacrificing his own private time. Another sign of his compassion is that, after not being allowed to have more training time for the evening after the first day of competition, he managed to persuade his superiors into letting the teams take robots home for more preparation time. He went extra mile in order to ensure that every team had best possible chances to show everything they're capable of achieving.

Outside of the abovementioned, Hany was a great emotional support, brightening everyone's day through the failed attempts and overall stressful environment. My team have one of the egyptian coins he gave to the participants and they cherish this memory.

I want to express my immense gratitude for having the luck of having him as our judge. Hany made everyone look forward to any upcoming events and gave people faith in their ability to compete. Thank you so much, Hany!
Thank you very much for these words and thanks for all the teams who have participated as it was an extraordinary and unforgettable memory for me. Really, my words will not be sufficient to describe my happiness while reading this comment.
It was my pleasure to be in that position this year. I am really happy that I could help the teams as I could and leave these impressions, I was just returning the favor of my old coaches, judges and volunteers' efforts.

I hope all the best for all teams in next competitions and in their future and hope to meet you all next year!
Страницы: 1
Читают тему (гостей: 1)